• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Strange Screen Issue, Need Advice

videoword

Lurker
Jun 22, 2011
So my touchscreen has lost functionality right down the center of the phone, top to bottom. Meaning I can't do things like end calls, or open up my application list without using the d-pad (thank god for that qwerty). I don't want to get a new phone, but I was fed up and inches away from going to the Verizon store when I decided to backup my important stuff and just give it a factory wipe.

Bingo, it worked, I was right back to having a fully functional screen! It was awesome, I even rooted it and installed bugless beast. I put some of my old apps back on there and everything was humming along until I went to go use my phone today and the screen is back to being broken.

Today I removed most the new apps I installed, just in case it's an app level thing - but nothing.

Does this ring true for anyone else? Anyone have any ideas about this? Would love to keep this phone for a while longer. It works just fine except this one little thing.

-David

So my touchscreen has lost functionality right down the center of the phone, top to bottom. Meaning I can't do things like end calls, or open up my application list without using the d-pad (thank god for that qwerty). I don't want to get a new phone, but I was fed up and inches away from going to the Verizon store when I decided to backup my important stuff and just give it a factory wipe.

Once that digitizer is horked, there's not much you can do. If you want to limp along, put your important icons on the sides and then hopefully you can go into landscape for those important buttons you need to hit. Its a pain but outside of replacing the digitizer, there isn't a lot you can do. Unfortunately it appears Moto decided to put sub-standard digitizers into these phones and after around 1 year, many start experiencing this issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones