Strange SMS messagesSupport

Last Updated:

1. giff

giff New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, every now and then I am getting a box on the screen of my Desire saying "SMS Message" followed by a local landline prefix. i.e 01922
    then an option to save or cancel. There is no message or any other number. Sometimes there can be 20 or 30 of these to wade through before they go.
    Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. staz1000

staz1000 Well-Known Member

These could be 'alert' type SMSs.

I used to use software called Logomanager for Nokias which allowed me to send alert messages. They appear on the screen directly (rather than in your SMS inbox) and are not stored on the phone once you ok them.

I didn't think they were still used, but if that's the case then you need to suss out who is sending them.

3. delinear

delinear Well-Known Member

Haha, yes I had a friend who was a telecomms consultant for people like BT and I remember he showed me how to spoof friends with Logomanager back in the day (as well as redesigning the home screen back in the days when phones could basically only dial, text and play snake), but yeah, I've not heard of them being used for years and years, I thought it had been removed as a security consideration for exactly that reason.

I wondered if it was that service where you can text from a landline, but then I would imagine it would be treated just like a normal SMS (i.e. it would go to your SMS inbox with the full number), unless the Desire is trying to treat it differently because it's not coming from a mobile number. Could be a company using a landline prefix to send out text spam, in that case, but I don't know how you'd verify that unless you can find someone who can test the landline to text service for you.

4. neurochirurg

neurochirurg New Member

i have the same problem with my desire HD , any clue wt to do??? its very annoying