Strange Update

Last Updated:

1. El Capitan

El Capitan New Member This Topic's Starter

I have an unbranded, unlocked Desire bought off of ebay. I'm on o2. I just checked to see if the 2.2 update was available manually and there was an update which i then installed. As the phone rebooted up i saw a Vodafone symbol appear which never previously happened. The phone is now still running 2.1update-1, with 1.24.161.3 software and but this Vodafone symbol now always appears when i turn off and on again! Any help appreciated...How can i get rid of this?! :confused:

Advertisement
  2. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

sounds like your desire was previously vodaphone and was unlocked before you bought it, now the update has relocked it. maybe...

3. El Capitan

It hasn't locked the phone, it's still working with my o2 sim, still able to make calls and use 3G services just has the Vodafone network logo on load up each time.

4. Cee_

Cee_ New Member

I just got that update too. Just wonder if it will keep me from getting the Froyo-update?!
    Any other problems with it that update, besides the vodafone-logo on startup?

5. Pedro7

Pedro7 Well-Known Member

its become vodafone branded i think :(

you need to make sure, that is completely out of order if they have done that.. i'd go into a vodafone shop and kick up a massive fuss.. last thing i'd want is to buy an expensive phone sim free for it to later be branded because you thought it was the 2.2 update..

any updates mate?

6. Pedro7

Pedro7 Well-Known Member

alternatively, if my last post sounded a bit rash (can happen sometimes :p)

you can check the bootloader for the phone and if it hasn't gone to 0.9x, you could try debranding the phone again to a stock RUU

El Capitan likes this.
  7. El Capitan

Ok thanks.

How do i check this bootloader thing?

There's no other issues that i've seen, everything else works as it did pre-update

8. Pedro7

Pedro7 Well-Known Member

hold volume down and the power button when booting. don't ask me how to get out of it once you've gone into that mode lol, i got lost when i booted up to check my bootloader..

i've heard talk of people unable to debrand the phone after getting this strange vodafone update :(

9. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

I'm struggling to debrand my phone after this update. I will update the forum if I get anywhere but at the moment it isn't looking good.

10. STANNY

STANNY Member

Im in the same position, but my bootloader is 0.83, and none of the RUU's will install. I have been desperately hunting the web for a solution that doesnt appear to exist!

11. RetroDude

RetroDude Well-Known Member

Was on the vodafone forums earlier, appears you cant debrand at the moment if you have just updated to the new pishware.