• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Strange Update

El Capitan

Lurker
Aug 3, 2010
I have an unbranded, unlocked Desire bought off of ebay. I'm on o2. I just checked to see if the 2.2 update was available manually and there was an update which i then installed. As the phone rebooted up i saw a Vodafone symbol appear which never previously happened. The phone is now still running 2.1update-1, with 1.24.161.3 software and but this Vodafone symbol now always appears when i turn off and on again! Any help appreciated...How can i get rid of this?! :thinking:

its become vodafone branded i think :(

you need to make sure, that is completely out of order if they have done that.. i'd go into a vodafone shop and kick up a massive fuss.. last thing i'd want is to buy an expensive phone sim free for it to later be branded because you thought it was the 2.2 update..

any updates mate?

Upvote 0
alternatively, if my last post sounded a bit rash (can happen sometimes :p)

you can check the bootloader for the phone and if it hasn't gone to 0.9x, you could try debranding the phone again to a stock RUU

Im in the same position, but my bootloader is 0.83, and none of the RUU's will install. I have been desperately hunting the web for a solution that doesnt appear to exist!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones