• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Strange Wifi Problem

pedrojah

Lurker
Jun 26, 2011
Hi forum, My Desire is not connecting to my home wifi (although it used to work fine). It still connects in work and everywhere else, but at home it goes through the following sequence of events:

Connecting...
Obtaining IP address from BTHomeHub2...
Disconnected...

Then keeps repeating that sequence :mad:. I've tried everything like resetting the router/ turning the router off and on/ turning the phone off and on/ taking the sim card out etc... but still the same sequence.

Can anyone help??

I have a BT home hub.

Are you still having the problem?

A similar thing happens to me with my HomeHub, but after a few hours it allows me back on. Sometimes forgetting the Network and putting the Wep/WPA key back in can solve it also.

It is also possible that you HomeHub may need updating. Check if the update light is flashing on the side.

Thanks, i'll try that out. I've tried the putting the keys back in with no success. I'm thinking maybe this problem started when i connected my ps3 to the wifi? Not sure, will let you know how i get on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones