• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Enderz79

Lurker
Dec 29, 2010
Hello all

Over the last couple of days, my phone has been turning its self off and on again.

and

Sometimes the buttons are getting messed like eg, yesterday i went to go into messaging and it took me to the timescape screen. after i turned the phone off and on it was fine.

also

a couple of days ago I clicked the back button to get out of the web and it took me through evertything I have been using that day. ie apps messaging other websites I has looked at, back though other apps i have used???

any ideas

Hello all

Over the last couple of days, my phone has been turning its self off and on again.

and

Sometimes the buttons are getting messed like eg, yesterday i went to go into messaging and it took me to the timescape screen. after i turned the phone off and on it was fine.

also

a couple of days ago I clicked the back button to get out of the web and it took me through evertything I have been using that day. ie apps messaging other websites I has looked at, back though other apps i have used???

any ideas

That second part sounds like apps weren't closing properly, but where running in the background.

I suggest a task manager...let me quote myself here - http://androidforums.com/sony-ericsson-xperia-x10/255099-problems-my-x10.html

I downloaded a task manager that shows me what is running in the background and shows me how much of the phone I am using. A lot of people talk about Juice Defender or something....I use something called Mobile Guard Netqin which shows me how much CPU power and memory is being used and automatically shuts down applications that don't close all the way.

Example...I have Angry Birds installed...I click Back and back out of the program and then go about my day....an hour later I take a look and I see that Angry Birds is still running in the background because I didn't quit the program...I backed out. I could re-enter the program and go to the title screen and chose exit....or I could open Mobile Guard and click the Optimize button or go to the list of tasks running and close it.

I would suggest looking through some of the apps you have downloaded and don't use and remove them...might be some old app on there that could be causing a problem....take a look in that task manager when you have one installed and take a look at what apps aren't closing properly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones