• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Strategies for getting one on Saturday?

I'm thinking of going to an authorized reseller eager for customers and give a going out of town on Sunday sob story.

Thoughts?

Anyone have any previous luck on a different launch?

If you can find one that has them in stock, go for it! I can tell you that it will help if you come cash-in-hand so they can avoid bank fees on the charge. Anything you can do to sweeten the opportunity makes it more likely.

Upvote 0
The AT&T store closest to me isn't open on Saturdays or Sundays for that matter. Are you guys going to try to pay contract price (renewing your contract) or buy it outright?

Adding a line. My daughter gets my Backflip - better demographic for the phone anyway. I suppose since it's a new line on an existing family plan my Captivate will have the 2GB datapro limit.

Upvote 0
Linuxdood: Just switch the sims and keep your oiginal data plan, and phone number.

BTW, one of my local ATT stores said they will sell me one on Saturday. They have a store meeting before they open to go over the details and then when they open they can sell them. Yay! I didn't want to wait until Sunday because then I'm wishing away my weekend waiting to get the phone and then you only have Sunday to play before its back to work on Sunday. This way I get to goof around on it all weekend.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones