Strategy for managing contacts?

Last Updated:

1. jonokimber

jonokimber Active Member This Topic's Starter

When i get my Desire i will primarily be using my Outlook Exchange for work mail and google mail for private mail.

I have all my outlook contacts up to date and a few years ago i synched the outlook contacts with my google mail account.

Since then i have probably updated just a few of the google mail contact details.

This means there will be a clash between some of the contacts in my outlook and google account.

What will the phone do if i synch with outlook and also sign in to my google account?

Firstly i'm wondering if all the contacts will be out in the same place? (is this called people?)

I'm also wondering if it will duplicate contacts?

Could it be a neat new method of keeping outlook and google contacts fully synched? For example, If i temporarily delete all my google contacts, synch the phone with outlook, and then they will be synched with google?

What does anyone think?

Thanks

Jono

Advertisement
  2. elminster13

elminster13 New Member

I'm quite interested in this too as i have exactly the same setup. There does seem to be an annoying issue with the Desire where it syncs 'All Google Contacts' rather than just 'My Contacts' which potentially further compounds the issue.

I have the desire and connected the accounts no duplicates yet and I have not really had time to play.