Stratosphere issueSupport

1. hsmom

hsmom New Member

I am wondering if anyone can help. We have a 2 week old stratosphere. This morning, we realized it is not charging. Used some alternative charges (we are out of town) and think it may be because the one we have is not powerful enough. Our only hope with that is to now wait until we get home to see if that is the issue when we can grab one more alternative charge. However, we are also unable to get any 4g coverage. We have a gray circle with a gray slash through it in the top toolbar. My phone has 4g and is working just fine. I've removed sim and battery multiple times to no avail. I've shut off airplane mode and put it back on. I've done everything I can think of and can't figure out how to get it to work. Could this be related to the battery charge or do you have any other thoughts or suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Advertisement
  2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Welcome to the forums, Mom! :)

You may want to call *611 from your phone and select Technical Support. They will guide you through troubleshooting steps - up to and including a factory reset - before suggesting a replacement phone.

Good Luck!
    hsmom likes this.
  3. hsmom

hsmom New Member

Thank you for the tip about *611...I've used a few times already. Ended up the SIM card was fried and we had to replace. Not sure why that happened a few weeks in, but think it may have had something to do with the charger. The guys at Best Buy had told us we could use our old chargers as well as the new ones for our phones, so we had chargers on both levels of our house and would just plug in wherever...Come to find out my dh has a different voltage charger than mine (for my galaxy) and we wonder if that may have something to do with it. Anyway, it is all fixed. Thank you.
  4. Scur

Scur Well-Known Member

I would most certainly use the correct voltage and ohms when charging. Crossing chargers across different phones has screwed up my batteries several times in the past (on work phones, so I didn't much care).
  5. jmoney2448

jmoney2448 Member

I use all kinds of chargers for my Wifes and mine and never have a problem.
  6. MeLittleMe

MeLittleMe Active Member

USB chargers should all work provided they have sufficient current capacity. The USB standards specify the voltage so any charger meeting the standard would not output too high a voltage. Given that, a defective charger, whether new or old, could.

I have some LG charger cables that, incomparably enough, fail to charge my Stratosphere even though they properly charge my LG phones. With a good cable, the chargers work.

By the way, in the future, you really help others help you by being specific about your problem title. "Stratosphere issue" is pretty vague and basically describes every support problem posted on this forum.

Good luck with your new phone.