• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

streak 5 Gallery problem

sinthrax

Lurker
Jun 19, 2012
can anyone used to have a problem with their gallery? i hav problem with my streak 5 my gallery wont open and my pics and vids dont show up, i tried deleting large videos so it wont take long to open the gallery but still not opening

it only shows " loading new albums and photos "

pls masters i need your help!:eek:

I hope this solution doesn't come to you too late. I just encountered and solved the issue on my Streak you're having.
Problem is, your Picture folder where your pics and videos are located has become slightly corrupt (Folder or indexing file, etc)

Part 1

-You have to connect your Streak to your PC as a USB drive
-Go to the folder "DCIM" where your images are stored
-Next go to "Camera" folder, you will see all your pics and videos
-Highlight only all the pics and video files (ignore any other files in that folder)
-Choose "Cut"
-Go back to the root folder (where you see the "DCIM" folder name among all the others).
-Create a folder named "DCIMnew"
-Go into the Folder and Create another folder called "Camera"
-"Paste" all of the pics and videos you "Cut" earlier
-Go back to the Root folder and rename "DCIM" to "CORRUPT"
-Go into "Corrupt" folder and rename "Camera" folder to "Pic" <--- Very important!
-Change "DCIMnew" to "DCIM"

END Part 1
(DO NOT JUMP THE GUN AND TRY TO VIEW PICS WITHOUT COMPLETING PART 2)

Now, the following steps are very important:

Part 2
-safely disconnect (thru Windows task bar) the Dell Streak drive letter that appeared earlier
-Before unplugging, on your Streak's screen, choose to disconnect as a USB device
-Then unplug
-Now, go into your Camera App (like if you were going to take a picture)
-Take 1 picture of Anything near you.
-Then, exit the camera app and go into the Gallery to view it.

END Part 2

Your Gallery will take longer than expected the first few times (might crash a couple of times in the process of loading thumbnails) depending on how many pictures you have in it. Keep going into it every 2mins. :)
At your convenience, you can delete "Corrupt" folder, once you've confirmed that all the pictures and videos are in the new folder, by showing up in the Gallery. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones