Streaky screen after using screen protector - Is that normal?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. nickoakdl

nickoakdl Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I installed my screen protector Friday morning and am pleased with it, with the exception that there are horizontal streaks covering it. My guess is this is a product of the soap in the water but I'm wondering if this is normal? I ordered Stealth Guards and it came with 2 protectors so I may install the second one without soap and see if it helps.

Advertisement
  2. nickoakdl

Let me bump this by explaining what I mean by "streaky." It's actually hardly noticable when the screen is dark, but when it is displaying white or light colors they get a bit of a shimmer to them. Is this normal? Anyone?

3. RedWingsFan

RedWingsFan Well-Known Member

I had this same issue with a few different screen protectors I had on my blackberry. Turns out it was the actual material used in the protector that was defective. Each time the company shipped me new protectors and it was fine. It is not the soap or adhesive....it is the actual material. Try a different brand.

nickoakdl likes this.
  4. SeauxCrazy

SeauxCrazy Well-Known Member

AHHH, I have 2 vertical lines on my Zagg, I was waiting a couple of days to see if it cleared up, but its exactly the way you described it. Only noticeable on white screens.

nickoakdl likes this.
  5. nickoakdl

Good to know it's my material and not my screen. I took a sample piece from the 2nd set and placed it on my old Blackberry and noticed the same thing. Now I have to decide if it bugs me enough to wanna take it off. It feels good and I can't tell it's on, except for when there is a white screen.

6. SeauxCrazy

SeauxCrazy Well-Known Member

Same here Nick. It was put on perfectly, totally centered. I'd hate to take it off and not put the next one on as nice lol.

7. splattered

splattered Member

I just installed XO Skins on my Evo... they sent the "full body" skin cause it was the same price if you preorder, but i have a silicone case that will never come off so i don't see the point???

I sprayed my fingers as suggested and wet the squeegie, but the squeegie still scratched the skin even though i was very careful with it. Wtf. And there is tons of stuff under the skin... i can't tell if its just wet and is drying or if somehow the paper towel got lots of tiny lint on it i couldnt see... i made sure it was spotless before i applied the skin, i dunno. There are no actual air bubbles or large amounts of liquid anywhere that i can see.

I'm hoping it dries overnight and looks normal... id hate to think that i got a bunch of dust under the skin somehow esp since they don't send you an extra :/

8. nickoakdl

I could be wrong, but you might have got fibers from the paper towel under the protector. I made sure not to use a paper or linen towel and only a microfiber cloth (because they don't shed).

9. djdisturbed

djdisturbed Well-Known Member

Heh, I didnt get my Ghost Armor skin on right the first time, so i took it off to redo it and dropped it on a rug covered in cat hair (they like to sleep on it). I was sooooo pissed, BUT I ran it under water for a few mins and got most of it off, then used to spray and more water and got it ALL off, installed it back onto the phone and looks GREAT not. These things are washable and reusable/re-appliable if the skin itself is not damaged. BTW you should never use a paper towel to clean your screen before you put one of these on, they almost always leave lint, use a micro fiber cloth made to clean eye glasses, they leave no lint and put it on in your bathroom after the shower has been running for a few mins (gets the air a little steamy), reduces the lint in the air.

10. nickoakdl

11. nickoakdl

Was "not" an accident there because you continue to describe it as if you like it?

12. m3latino

m3latino Active Member

I also have that same streaky issue with the skin. I put on the 2nd one and hope that it will go away. In any event I emailed the company Stealth guards for a refund. Bestskins was a better product on my HTC TP2.