• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stream from Computer to Phone

So,
I have recently gotten a Windows 8.1 tablet/laptop system, to which I have copied most of my music from my desktop PC. It plays the music fine, though I could have some opinions about the Metro interface, I also have access to full Desktop, so I can do pretty much anything Windows related.

As I have been tweaking my devices, I finally activated Blue Tooth on my Galaxy S3, paired the devices, and even setup blue tooth tethering, no problem.
However, dependent on where I am, I often have need to be moving around, and can't keep my laptop in my hands, and yet I do have a belt clip for my S3.

So, using bluetooth (i prefer not using wireless if possible) I would like to have my laptop "Play" my music, and my S3 act as a glorified "headphones receiver". Yet, everything I look up so far is about playing music on the S3 and having another device listen. I want it the other way around.
I would even go so far as wanting the "media" app on the S3 to communicate with the lap top so I can skip songs, select songs to play, etc.
Is this possible?
Can it be done without a 3rd part app?
etc, etc, etc.
Thanks
Jaeden "Sifo Dyas" al'Raec Ruiner

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones