• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stream Internet Radio From Phone via Airplay or DLNA

joe281180

Lurker
May 3, 2010
Hi. At home I have a stereo with an audio streaming device connected that lets me stream audio to it via wifi, using either airplay or DLNA. I stream music to this using the built in music app on my phone (samsung galaxy a3).
I often listen to internet radio on my phone, and I'd like to be able to stream this from my phone to the audio reliever too. The problem is that I can't find any internet radio apps that feature either DLNA or airplay. I've googled it / searched the play store, but can't find any.
Does anyone know of any apps that do this? Please note I do not want to root my phone.

Thanks for any help

Reactions: abureyyan789
I use an app called Happy Cast, that came with my JMGO P2 Android DLP projector. Which is Airplay compatible, and will stream and cast anything from the phone. However it's in Chinese only, and I don't think it's on Google Play Store, it's a direct APK download.
http://www.hpplay.com.cn/
LeTV products have it as well, and I think it's actually their app.

Airplay is really a proprietary Apple only protocol, and I think it's basically been reverse engineered. So some things might not touch it, because of possible Apple lawsuits and/or very expensive licensing fees. DLNA is proprietary as well, and has to be licensed AFAIK.

Last edited:
Reactions: abureyyan789
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones