Stream Local Music to Android

Last Updated:

1. Opium

Opium Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, is there a PC Server Client and Android app combo I could use?
    I have 90gigs of music on my home pc, and I'd love an app that could stream that music via my home wi-fi. Not going through any intermediary web services.

Basically, Point to local music folders in the PC client, activate the server, browse media on my phone

Just like TVersity, but for android devices.

I know there is an app in dev called "FIVE" but that's not out yet, any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. Joshmac

Joshmac New Member

This week I had the same answer to someone, it's really easy
    you have many softwares that stream your music from your computer to your phone via wi-fi or any web Browser
    "FIVE" is not out yet, your right, but i use MeCanto, its really easy, unlimited storage, and free...
    anyway you can find it on the market or just google "music streaming softwares" or "mecanto"

goodluck, hope i helped :)

3. pickthecrowdup

pickthecrowdup Member

MeCanto was trying to upload my music to its server for days... 100gb is a lot of music to upload at the snail speed it was crawling at. Was eating up %50 of my CPU. Terminated the MeCanto process and all was better.

Try Audiogalaxy. My choice for the moment.
    Orb is ok if you use the "desktop" version of the website.. Needs work. The official app suck balls and doesn't work.

Keep your eye out for CorePlayer. Should hit the Market in the next couple of months. Finally a media player that plays everything (EVERYTHING) and can handle playlists. That will help ORB be a better app. Follow it on twitter @ CoreCodec (CoreCodec) on Twitter

4. Casual Pete

Casual Pete Well-Known Member

5. mbennum

mbennum Member

Subsonic server for your PC and the Subsonic app for android is what I use, and it works great.
    Works over wifi and 3g, supports multiple users, and works really well with big music collections (mine is about 45gb).
    The only down side is that they want a donation for the server app ($25 I think?) or else the android streaming only works for 30 days.