Stream to AirtunesSupport

Last Updated:

1. ThatsRightDaMoon

ThatsRightDaMoon New Member This Topic's Starter

Just got the Droid X on Verizon. Anyway to stream the audio to airtunes (airport express) speakers???

Advertisement
  2. ThatsRightDaMoon

ThatsRightDaMoon New Member This Topic's Starter

Is this simply impossible? OR was I not clear? Help someone....

3. Jayme

Jayme Well-Known Member

guess I'm not exactly sure what you are talking about. What are airport express speakers?

4. Travisimo

Travisimo Well-Known Member

Not that I'm aware of. What I did was buy one of those Bluetooth receivers that plug into your stereo system. Then I can just stream from my Droid X to my stereo via Bluetooth. Here's the one I got and it works just fine:

Amazon.com: Bluelink Bluetooth Music Receiver: Electronics

It has RCA plugs to connect to your stereo. My stereo receiver had a power input so I plugged it right into that, otherwise you need to plug it into a wall outlet as well (it's not battery powered).

5. outoffocus

outoffocus Well-Known Member

still no option to get airtunes working with a wifi enabled android device right?

what is the best bluetooth music receiver option if you want to play to 3 sets of speakers in different rooms simultaneously? anyone out there try this with one of the off the shelf options? thanks! :D

6. w_mac

w_mac New Member

get android remote app (remote buddy is great with os x and lets you change whether iTunes plays through airport or internal speakers) and then use that to remotely control music playing through airtunes. only problem is that music will have to be on your comp rather than on your phone.

only 1 yr late