1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

stream video out via the usb connector?

Last Updated:

1. grvthang

grvthang Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I bought a cable, manufactured by HTC, which is supposed to give you the ability to stream video out via the device's usb connector. It has a usb connector on one end and splits out to three rca plugs on the other (the usual red, white, and yellow for audio and video). HTC claims that the cable is compatible with my phone (the HTC Eris).

When I connected the cable and it didn't work, I wrote to HTC support, which replied that I need software to enable the phone to do this. I searched the anroid market and the web and could not find any such software. I wrote back to HTC asking for them to suggest software to me and they never responded.

Does anyone know of such software? Would HTC manufacture a cable in anticipation of somebody developing the proper software??

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Hmm, I didn't think the Eris could do video output...

3. grvthang

grvthang Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I bought the cable because HTC said it was compatible with the Eris (they make both the phone and the cable). Once I got it, HTC support said
    "The Verizon Droid Eris is not compatible with a TV Out cable because the Verizon Droid Eris is not programmed with a TV Out program by default. If you want to have TV Out function with your Droid Eris, you will need to see if there is a program on the Android Market that could add such a program to your phone."

When I asked HTC why they sell the cable as compatible with the phone, they didn't respond.

4. Drazil

Drazil Well-Known Member

You got duped. I'd return it if possible. It's probably not even a special cable either. If you went to a local electronics supply store, they probably even carry a mini-usb > rca cable.

5. poor_red_neck

poor_red_neck Active Member

Sorry you were duped :(

The droid eris does not support it at a hardware level.

The cable is compatible because it uses the HTC-Mini-USB plug...

That cable is intended for the HTC Touch Pro (windows mobile) which does support VGA/Analog video out.

Sorry :(