• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stream video via vuze

crashrat

Nov 8, 2010
Has anyone gotten vuze to stream video to their phone? If so what on the phone needs to be done, some app or setting? PS3 works great, although that I can actually see the vuze device fine. In vuze it see's my phone in the devices but I'm not sure what to do other than copy over the movie to the phone in vuze. Plus it looks like the phone is grayed out in vuze.

I got my Droid X to play streaming videos being served by Vuze (Azerus) Media Server. I am using the DLNA application on the phone.

Everything works great... EXCEPT... I cannot pause the playback, nor can I seek to any point in the video. It just plays from beginning to end.

If I were watching a 30 minute comedy or something, I suppose it could be endured (not really), but if I'm watching a 2 hour long movie, god forbid I get a phone call. Right back to the beginning.

There has got to be a way to stream the video from Vuze to the phoe with seek and pause enabled. Anyone out there have a clue?

Thanks in advance,

Jz.

Upvote 0
Vuze is the newer version of Azureus right? I confess I"m not up to date with all the torrent clients out there.

I would recommend VLC Stream and Convert. The app is free. It's easy to set up. You can skip back and forth and fast forward and rewind inside of a video. Audio syncing is sketchy at times I've found, but I haven't had time to screw with fixing that. It does work and it's free though.

Upvote 0
yeah, Vuze is the new name for Azureus.

Not sure if it is the Media Server though, as I can Pause and Seek when I access the Vuze Media Server from my PS3. I think it has more to do with the DLNA player on Android.

The real Clincher for me, though, is I want to ultimately use the HDMI Out on the Android to Stream content from my computer, through my phone, to another TV not connected to the PS3 & DVR.

Unfortunately, from what I've read, the HDMI Out only works with a few native apps in the Android OS (DLNA, and the built in Video player from the Gallery).

If I'm wrong, please someone give me the straight scoop.

Anyway, I'm ALMOST there as I can stream from my computer, to the phone, using DLNA. And I am given the option to use HDMI Out. Just ordered the Droid X HDMI cable and will test it to the TV. Again, my ONLY problem now appears to be the lack of control over the streaming (ie. No pause and no seek.)

Jz.

Upvote 0
Just found an Android app called Skifta, from Qualcomm. It's free.

Works great with the VUZE media server, and let's me pause and seek through streaming video! Hooray!

BUT...

I don't think I'll be able to output the stream through my HDMI Out port. Grr...

So, I'm still looking for answer if anyone has got any.

I'll be testing all this tomorrow when my cables arrive.

Jz.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones