Streaming and MirroringGeneral

1. throwinsparks

throwinsparks New Member

I have a note 3 that I have been using to stream both videos I have shot as well as downloaded. I was using the regular video player and streaming to my xbox. Lately pretty much every single time I try it just shudders and skips. I'm trying to find a better way. I've seen the chromecast and the allshare dongle but I'm not sure if I can just stream any video with those. What is the best option? It doesn't have to be wireless I just want to watch videos on the tv. I also looked at mhl to hdmi adapters but I don't know which works best.

Advertisement
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

It depends on where the shuddering is occurring. If it's in the phone, it won't make any difference how you get it to the screen. If it's happening because the X-Box is being slowed down, or your wifi is getting clobbered, and you don't mind the cable, I'd go with MHL. If it plays ok (no shuddering) on the Note 3 with a few other apps running, you should be fine with MHL and no other apps running. (Apps actually doing something - I run something like a benchmark app.) Oh, and turn off Power Saving. That just slows the CPU down to save power. When you need speed turn it off. Turn it back on for other uses.
  3. Sonnydigs

Sonnydigs Well-Known Member

I'm using BubbleUp.. Paid version..
    Music, videos, pics and movies, flawlessly..
    Brilliant app..