Streaming Bluetooth interrupted by data (WiFi and 3G)General

Last Updated:

1. SBrooks1

SBrooks1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I sold my 32GB 3GS iPhone and bought an Incredible. Playing music in my car via streaming Bluetooth to my Sony deck that supports it is very important to me. I did it every day with my iPhone (MP3's or Pandora) with no problems at all.

Now I get the Incredible and I've tried playing Pandora, Slacker Radio or MP3's using multiple music apps via streaming Bluetooth and it constantly is interrupted when data is accessed by the phone. It could detect a WiFi connection and it stops. 3G will light up and it stops, starts playing from the phone's speaker, then goes back to playing through my car speakers again.

This is unacceptable! :mad:

I've found the solution which I think is bullshit, turning off the Mobile Network and WiFi while driving. So that means I'll still get calls but no e-mails and renders Pandora or any other Internet streaming radio app worthless. I never had to do that with my iPhone on AT&T and it's disappointing. In my area I've found that Verizon's 3G IS faster than AT&T's here and I like that. But if I can't use it for this application which I'm sure I'm not the only one doing then it's pointless.

Advertisement
  2. mobilehavoc

mobilehavoc Well-Known Member

Just turn off WiFi. That's what causes it, searching for WiFi access points. You can leave the Mobile Data on. I surf the web while walking the dog and listening to Pandora with my stereo Bluetooth with zero issues. This phone is a beast.

3. SBrooks1

SBrooks1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah I found the solution and that's fine. I still love the phone, it's just disappointing.