Streaming from HTC to an Xbox 360.General

Last Updated:

1. Mike525

Mike525 Well-Known Member

I tried media share which is built into the phone however when I try to play movie on Xbox 360 it says cannot play content. ( Doesn't matter which movie i choose ) Any suggestions? Recommendations?

Advertisement
  2. jjhelpteam

jjhelpteam Well-Known Member

Don't use media share. Use disk drive instead. I use it for music but idk if it works for music.
  3. MIGzNYC

MIGzNYC Well-Known Member

I use diskdrive mood all the time on my 360 for movies and music... All play beautifuly with fa exception of a few file types
  4. Mike525

I experimented with a few software's and settled on twonky beam it works great on the Xbox 360 comes up just like a windows media center PC
  5. jjhelpteam

jjhelpteam Well-Known Member

Is it free
  6. Mike525

7. cannabinoid

cannabinoid Active Member

anyone know if I can do this on my PS3? I've attached flash drives and watched movies before.. but never tried my phone.
  8. Mike525

As a USB drive I don't see why it wouldn't work via cable. I was looking for a streaming solution and this should work for ps3 as well.
  9. Mike525

@jjhelpteam

what if I want to use my phone as I'm watching a movie streamed off my phone? A really long cable? Not to mention the phone can't access the SD card when its in "disk drive" mode....
  10. lancemulvihill

lancemulvihill Well-Known Member

Why not transfer the movie to a different flash drive and avoid this problem
  11. Mike525

The title of this post is streaming... Its not an issue twonky beam works great. I asked the question to see if anyone else wanted to do what I did. I ended up answering my own question. I did not want a work around - I did not want to "copy" or "plug in my phone and USB mode" I wanted to click on an app that let's me STREAM TO A MULTIMEDIA DEVICE.

Again its not an problem you plug your phone in I'll use it wirelessly.

The only time I "plug" in my phone is to charge it when I'm not using it.
  12. lancemulvihill

lancemulvihill Well-Known Member

Sorry, I misunderstood
    Mike525 likes this.
  13. Mike525

its all good. :D. It was kinda directed to everyone giving me alternatives....