1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Streaming from PC to android phone

1. ccross13126

ccross13126 New Member

Is there a simple way to stream movies and television shows on my PC to my android phone?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Jacksmyname

Jacksmyname Well-Known Member

ES File Explorer
    BS Player

Both free.
    miquele likes this.
  3. ccross13126

ccross13126 New Member

Thanks! I'll give them both a try!
  4. Ironcross

Ironcross Member

5. hetro108

hetro108 New Member

Well, that is nice. Now how do I get ES File Explorer on my cell? I'm running Ubuntu on the desktop I mix music on. I do not have a USB cable that fits my phone. I have been trying to use my wi-fi hot spot to transfer files directly. I don't think it worked.
    Can what I want even be done? Or do I need to run down to dirty dave's E-parts store and look for a cable?
    I also picked up swiFTP. I think If I can get these 2 aps installed on my cell, then I can figure it out from there. Are there FAT issues here?
  6. dylo22

dylo22 Well-Known Member

On your cell you download es file explorer from the market. The app enables you to browse windows shares. Since you're using ubuntu, you have to setup samba shares on your desktop for the directories your movies are in. Once that is done you can use es file explorer on your Android to browse the share and play the file using bs player. Of course you have to be connected to the same wifi network to do this.
    hetro108 likes this.
  7. Brayrobert201

Brayrobert201 New Member

Tversity is brilliant. Particularly for accessing remotely.
  8. hetro108

hetro108 New Member

I have es FE on my desktop along with swiFTP. Which Market? Farmers Market. Stock market. Flea market? I am hooked up with a go-phone plan now. All the directions on the WWW that I have been able to find start from a place I haven't got to yet. The Directions (FTFD!) sat I need to select google something or other on my phone. No such Icon on my phone. I'm thinking I need to go back to kindergarden and start over. Know any sites that offer a basic intro to android concepts?
    I thought that was what I would find here. Thanks anyway. I will keep stumbling around until I find the exit.
  9. dylo22

dylo22 Well-Known Member

Sorry, by android market (it used to be called the market) I mean the Google play store. This is Google's official repository for Android apps. You can go in there from your phone to download and install any thing you like. Some apps are free while others cost money. Look for an app called 'play store' on your phone.
  10. csent

csent New Member

I have ps3 media server on my pc and bubbleupnp on my note 2. Worked great at first but now I get a "sorry your video cannot be played" error message any time I select a video. Anyone know why this would happen out of the blue?
  11. csent

csent New Member

I've tried various file types, they all get the same error. I'm wondering if there was a silent update somewhere that caused it. It's just strange and sucks.