• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Streaming ISOs from Western Digital to TAB4

3db

Jan 8, 2015
I have a few movies stored on a usb drive connected to my WD media player. I can play the ISOs just fine through it. I see the networked files through ES File Explorer and I chose both VLC and Video Ultimate via the ES File Explorer menu to play the iso. Both of these apps play the video but I hear no audio. Does anyone know of an app that would work to give me both audio and video?

I finally got around to installing the fix and trying it out. It would figure that the movie I picked out started out with a THX demo which only contains 5.1 audio so the audio wouldn't work. I thought the fix didn't work but before giving up, I went into the movie but still no sound. I started playing with the menu and with that found decription of the different sound tracks. I chose stereo and I finally got sound. Thank you. One quick question; do I have to keep the hack in the download area or can I move it somewhere else or even delete it? I mean does the tool always look there to get it every time MX player invoked or is it a one time install? Thanks again for the help.

Upvote 0
You bet!

Sorry I was rushed earlier, only had time to post my bookmark.

Anyway - MX Player has the ability to add externally stored codecs that can't be or aren't included with the app. You have to look at your sources and sort out what you need.

It's actually very easy to do the install.

I found out that there is no HDMI for the Tab4. Even the lowly playbook from BB had HDMI support. I converted ES File explorer and will do the same for MX player. The ES FIle explorer works on the playbook and I was able to play MP3s stored on USB attached drive front ended by a WD. I'm going to try to convert the MX player app and see if that works. My question is, will the AIO pack work in being able to stream the ISOs?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones