Streaming Live Video From The Hero

Last Updated:

1. hunt577

hunt577 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone tried streaming live video from there Hero to ustream.tv? Android supports it now, so it should be able to be done. I used to be a lifecaster but since I had no way of streaming video on the go, this would be a dream come true if I could do so on the Hero since it has Android.

Advertisement
  2. Edaze55

Edaze55 Well-Known Member

It doesnt appear to be supported at this time. I got the message "This content cannot play on this device."

Reason? Probably due to the Flash Lite that the Hero has, so when Flash 10.1 actually starts making it around, this could change. Which should happen soon.

3. MrMattux

MrMattux Well-Known Member

I just tried using Qik, and it worked flawlessly and quickly. Unlike my Blackberry Curve.

4. Edaze55

Edaze55 Well-Known Member

gah, now I need to go get Qik.

5. hunt577

the uStream broadcaster works fine on my Hero. I got one today! Love It!! Can you believe it, we can stream on the go with this???? True lifecasting!

6. deryn

deryn Well-Known Member

So.... the whole thing with "go to sites like youtube and watch videos" was a semi-lie?

7. hunt577

You can watch youtube videos, yes, but thats about it. Almost all the Smartphone and PDA devices have a built in youtube player. As far as going to sites like youtube and viewing video, yes that was a lie, because flash lite doesn't support them. Until we get full flash support we won't be able to go to streaming video sites besides youtube and watch video. The whole flash support thing was very embelished simply because it supports flash lite, which merely means it supports sites that have graphics with slight movement.

8. steelerfan63

steelerfan63 New Member

question for you guys im thinking of buying the hero but need to know about the live streaming video , i own racehorses and need to watch them sometimes on the go . i know with the touch pro 2 i can watch because of it has windows but i hate the phone .

the racetracks i race my horses at they have there own websites that have there own live feed link . heres one of them Meadows Racetrack horse betting and harness racing.

if someone can tell me u can or cant it would be appreciated.. oh if you do try and click on the race link they race at 6:20 till 11 est. m-thur
    and starting nov 2 4:00 est till 9 est

thanks