• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

streaming media > unable to connect to server

joll200x

May 4, 2010
UK
hey all,

i've been trying to get streaming media working on my desire and it doesn't work. I know vodafone are blocking RTSP at the moment but i'm concentrating on wifi at the moment.
I know the streams are live (using m.tvcatchup.com) as I can open the link in VLC but whenever I load it on mobile i get 'unable to connect to server'.

i've reset the firmware (unbranded) several times and it makes no difference. packet captures show the desire tries to setup the stream but never receives any RTP data. is anyone having the same problems - i've asked HTC support but they seem to think everything means the phone is faulty and want to swap it at every given chance. I'm wondering if in this case it actually might be??

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones