STREAMING music player

Last Updated:

1. joey123

joey123 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Any music player that can stream audio formats aac+,pls,m3u.asx,.ram ??

Advertisement
  2. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Well-Known Member

I'm looking for one as well Joey.

And I would like it to be able to run without the phone being fully awake. I found an internet work around that uses the stock Android/Internet audio/video streaming player, but when I use it the display HAS to stay on, and you cannot navigate away from the internet page otherwise it kills the live stream.

I streamed a local radio station for 2 hours last night and it used approximately 15-30% percent of my battery (I don't know exactly what my charge was at when I started). Right after I was done streaming I went into my battery stats and it showed that 36% of the battery use was the Display. If it could just stream in a low power state with the display off, like Pandora, then there would be significantly less battery drain.

Hopefully someone has a good application solution. I've tried many of them so far with very little luck. :confused:

3. clashcity74

clashcity74 New Member

Stream Furious in the market plays M3U files when accessed from a url/link in the web browser.

I don't know about other playlist file types. It also plays while the screen is off.

The only downside is you can't see the list of files bring played or skip very back and forth, only pause.

4. joey123

joey123 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I found a very neat app called retro radio available for free from the android market. It streams all channels from shoutcast ! Check it out

5. Markdek

Markdek Well-Known Member

MOG mobile music?

6. UCChemE05

UCChemE05 Well-Known Member

+1 for shoutcast stations. The Chronix stations are the shizzle if you like hard rock or metal. I use Xiialive

7. Headcase_Fargone

Headcase_Fargone Well-Known Member

Subsonic is what you're looking for. It's a service that runs on your home machine (so you'll need an always-on machine) that allows you to stream your music collection from your PC to any web browser. There's also an Android app that connects to it with a pretty decent mobile interface.

Server runs on Windows, Mac or Linux.

Edit: Forgot to mention that it supports multiple formats and has a transcoding engine that converts any format to .mp3 on the fly when you stream it.