Streaming music to bluetooth

Last Updated:

1. Linx

Linx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I like to listen to live streaming radio (shoutcast) using different apps available. I want to know how I can make a bluetooth connection to my car bt system. I remember I did it once to my bt headset with my Hero but I don't remember how I did it. Also, a few times, my ringtone and keyboard clicks(with Hero) played through my car bt system but I have no idea how it happened. I didn't try to connect it. It just happened on it's own. If I remember correctly, to hook the streaming music to a bt headset you had to dial a pause (P) or dial ## and send it. The phone would make a connection and hang up right away. After that you were linked to the bt. But after the Hero update, that method didn't work anymore, the call would go through and you get a message saying "Can't be completed as dialed". So does anyone know a way of doing this with the Evo?

Advertisement
  2. bexier

bexier Active Member

I don't know how it's done, but I have to ask... Why would you want to do that? Bluetooth is the Killer of all Batteries. Most radios should come equip with an Auxiliary input. Get a 3.5 Jack and string it out and plug straight into the phone. You'll save gobs of juice with this little trick.

3. uniquenameEVO

uniquenameEVO Well-Known Member

I have a USB input (Ford Sync), but I use BT.

To the OP-did you check the BT profile and make sure it is for an audio device? It seems since the Hero did it your stereo should...mine is flawless.

4. geaux4it

geaux4it Member

Agreed, and the quality of sound would be better.

5. Headcase_Fargone

Headcase_Fargone Well-Known Member

Your car's BT system would have to support A2DP, the standard used for streaming music and the like. Most (all?) car Bluetooth options I've seen have not supported this. If you have a 2010 or newer car yours might I suppose, but I've not seen or heard of any firsthand.

All the ones I've seen only support phone functionality (handsfree dialing and the like).

6. Linx

Linx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I would have my car charger plugged while listening. My stereo is an aftermarket hi end system so it doesn't need a aux jack. it has plenty of independant hookups (i.e. Ipod, Zune, satellite radio, etc, all integrated into the system interface) on the back for anything aux. Plus I don't like having to deal with wires hanging out either. Sorry if that sounded arrogant, wasn't meaning to be.

7. uniquenameEVO

uniquenameEVO Well-Known Member

My 08 has A2DP. Sadly, if I had a dumbphone it would even read my texts and allow me to respond via voice command...but no smartphones will work with the text feature.

Audio works fine though.

8. geaux4it

geaux4it Member

So you must have a bluetooth charger too? :)

9. Headcase_Fargone

Headcase_Fargone Well-Known Member

Aftermarket head unit nullifies my entire post, heh.