Streaming Music to Motorola DriodSupport

Last Updated:

1. BEZOE187

BEZOE187 Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys im a fairly new Droid user. i just recently found out what cupcake donut and froyo meant lol but i got the update for 2.2 which is froyo right? well i read i could stream music from my itunes to my Droid. but cant find out how to exactly do that. any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Good question. I forgot about that, but at the google i/o they specifically announced that would be available with froyo. Im assuming it will be an app from google we need to download. But I just searched for 10 minutes and cant find anything about it.

3. TJ110158

TJ110158 Member

OK People
    This is a very common question, and I think the reason for its most of the answers given are for "COPYING FILES FROM YOU ITUNES 2 YOUR PHONE" and that to me is NOT STREAMING, "It's copying." If you really want to "stream itunes", i.e (leaving all the files in itunes, and playing them from you phone?) I can only tell you how I do it.

I have over 600 albums in my iTunes library, and all can be played from my phone. There is a app in the Android Market that no ones seems to be talking about, and its called.............."what for it" Ok, Ok, here it is....... MeCanto. Now here's the catch, there are some PRO's and CON's to this app (but for me the PRO's out weigh the CON'S) and here they are as I see it:

PRO's - Allows you to "STREAM" you entire iTunes Library over 3G/Wi-Fi. Saving all the space on your SD cards for apps and storage.
    CON's -Runs and the background on your PC, in the task tray, and takes "FOREVER" to copy up to the cloud, (which could have been my fault since my Library is so big) "YES", it took at least 5 days to finish. But the up side of that is you NEVER know its doing it, and you can play all your music right away via Wi-Fi.

So if your looking to really "STREAM" your music to your phone, check it out. It's FREE in the Android App Market.

Hope this helps, it did for me.

4. sitlet

sitlet Banned

I'm a little worried about that. What exactly is it transferring to the cloud? If it took five days, its likely it uploaded your entire music collection, which I dont want some server getting ahold of.

I use an app called Orb. Its free on the pc, and all it does is scan the library, takes about 15 minutes or so. Then you can get the app for the phone which is 10 dollars, or you can use the web interface for free. Works perfectly, but the web interface isnt that great for larrge music collections like mine.

5. BEZOE187

BEZOE187 Member This Topic's Starter

and you stream and switch song with no problem TJ110158? cuz i used homepipe and the buffering time was so wack that i just got on my laptop and played itunes. and from anywhere right? like i dont need to be home lol and do i have to leave the computer running for me to stream it where i may be?

6. charlie101

charlie101 Member

it does seem like using a sledge hammer to crack a nut - i only want to stream within my house, nut ( :rolleyes: ) everywhere...

but that said, i have just installed, set up, and started to upload my tracks in less than 2 minutes - including setting up the app on my galaxy s, pc, and setting up an app.

(personally, browsing folders on my pc is not much use: using the itunes library it and playlists is much more preferable. kinda weird there isnt somethign more straight forward for streaming within a network, especially as there are a few itunes remote apps that work pretty well.)

anyway, thanks TJ for introducing me to the app! :D