Streaming Music Via Bluetooth

Last Updated:

1. Fully2k

Fully2k New Member This Topic's Starter

I have wanted to be able to stream music via bluetooth from the droid to an audio receiver... can't think of a solution.

Right now I use the application streamfurious to stream internet radio from shoutcast.com's website, an excellent source of thousands of radio links, to the droid. Now it would be sweet to be able to relay this again to another audio device.

I have an auxiliary 3.5mm jack on my head unit in my car and I was wondering if anyone knew of any other device to convert that so it could stream through bluetooth. Theoretically I could just plug that into the phone but I hate wires.

One other question... I know they say the data plan is unlimited but streaming music 24/7 would have a ridiculous amount of data usage. I think the cap is 5gb is this true??

Advertisement
  2. beauvais

beauvais New Member

I suspect that Blackberry Remote Stereo Gateway could meet your requirements. About $40 at Amazon.com.

3. stevenlong

stevenlong Well-Known Member

Any BT device that allow you to connect a 3.5 jack to it (e.g. motorola S705). Then use a 3.5 pluc to RCA plug to get it into you receiver. Pair it to you phone and your set.

Verison does have 5gb limit on the unlimited internet use.

Not sure how much data that would be. You could go to your verison site and check your data usage after a day or so to see what the rate is.

4. Legacystar

Legacystar Well-Known Member

I stream internet radio while at work and never hit any limit. Most have said there is no 5gb limit its all BS