Streaming Netflix from phone to TV

Last Updated: 2012-01-03 14:12:23
  1. Typhoonturki

Typhoonturki Member

Ok, so Ive searched the forums and cant quite come up with a clear answer to this. I have MikG 3.0 Rom with the new Anthrax kernel running. On my Evo 4G. My question is if I get and HDMI cable, can I stream Netflix from my phone to the TV? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

moved you to the rooting section.

i believe the anthrax kernel supports hdmi out so you should be good to go.
    Typhoonturki likes this.
  3. Typhoonturki

Typhoonturki Member

Ok, Im a noob to this, is there anything special I need to do in order to get netflix streaming from my phone to the tv?
  4. ocnbrze

well according to the xda thread, you just need the cable and netflix and you are good to go.
    Typhoonturki likes this.
  5. Typhoonturki

Typhoonturki Member

awesome thank you!
  6. LittleRedDot

LittleRedDot Well-Known Member

The only problem with the setup is you would have to rely on your tv for sound, whereas if you ran your HDMI into your entertainment center you uwould enjoy the quality sound as well as picture.
    ocnbrze likes this.
  7. ocnbrze

boy i feel dumb i never thought of that:eek:. thanx:D
  8. jackgibbs

jackgibbs Well-Known Member

for mirroring to work best, turn your phone all the way off before connecting the hdmi cable. after you connect it, then turn your phone on and you will see your phone boot on your tv, and the sound will get transferred properly.

whenever I've tried to just hot connect the hdmi, it's either not worked, or the picture will show but the sound won't transfer, or any number of other hassles.
  9. LittleRedDot

LittleRedDot Well-Known Member

No way mate, I did the same thing the first time I used my HDMI out to the tv. Like jackgibbs said it can be a hassle, that's why I broke down and bought a netflix, hulu, and vudu enabled blue ray player. Now I just gotta log on and BAM! all my favs!