Streaming Pandora to Airplay device

1. vortex2450

vortex2450 New Member

So I finally updated from a basic phone to a Gingerbread (2.3.4) LG Optimus Slider.

I want to use this for a variety of thing but my biggest goal for the moment is as stated.

I listen to Pandora 90% of the time for my music. So I want to be able to stream from my Pandora app from this phone via wi-fi to the AirPlay enabled Pioneer VSX-1211-k in the living room. This would give me control of the music where-ever I am in the house.

So I am still having troubles finding out exactly how to go about this. Google searches are inconclusive. Some mention AirSync from doubletwist. Other's mention using musicality but that requires using a browser.

So is there any proven way to enable AirPlay from the Pandora app?

On an iPhone isn't simply the matter of pulling the volume up and switching output devices so I want to mimic this.

Any help is awesome!

-Josh

Advertisement
    :
  2. joggy

joggy Well-Known Member

I've tried a few apps in the Play Store (Twonky, Honey Player) and nothing really works for what you are looking to do unfortunately.

You could do this from a PC or Mac with Airfoil, but I don't think anyone has developed an app that works consistently to do this. I've used Airfoil on my mediaserver and run Pandora through to an Airport Express successfully so I would imagine it works with your Airplay AVR.

Another cheaper option would be simply running a 3.5mm to RCA from the phone into the AVR and just running the Pandora app. Not ideal, but it does the job.
  3. tomee

tomee New Member

im looking for this as well and i dont think airsync can do it unless its music stored on the device itself and only using the doubletwist player.

so you cant stream from pandora or google music to an air play enabled device