streaming radio stations in browserSupport

Last Updated:

1. bigeagle

bigeagle Active Member This Topic's Starter

Since the update I'm now able to stream radio stations that weren't able to stream before. I'm assuming its because of Flash. However, in order to keep streaming the browser screen has to remain open ie I can't open another browser tab or switch to another application. Any ideas how to make this run in the background so I can use other apps or open other tabs while streaming?

Also, on another web page there is an option to stream a show or click to download the show as an mp3. When I click the link to download it opens the streaming player and gives me an error that it can't stream that type of file. I didn't have this issue on my blackberry. Clicking the link started the mp3 download. Suggestions?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. vgsantiago

vgsantiago Well-Known Member

unfortunately don't think there will be a way to get around it. I tried the same thing and couldn't get around it. Had to find the radio station I was interested in streaming using 'A Online Radio'.

3. myriam

myriam Well-Known Member

Get Wunder Radio. It's the best. You can find any station, AM or FM. Even uses GPS to find local stations. And you can have it in the background.

4. jamesdean

jamesdean Well-Known Member

I am having a problem when I click Listen Live or whatever the link is on a radio station site it opens the messenger app. Anyone else having this problem?

5. j3cubcapt

j3cubcapt Member

RADIOTIME is working great for me. $1.99

Will

6. lmgetch

lmgetch New Member

Same problem recently with Evo. Did you find a solution?

7. jamesdean

No.

8. jamesdean

Now that Iheart is working again, that along with Tunein Radio will get every station in the US as far as I can tell so this problem has gone away for me at this time.