• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Streaming video no good post-Froyo/factory reset

Pre-Froyo streaming video used to be pretty good on Incredible. My work often involves repetitive tasks, and the streaming video on my Incredible was, if not incredibly fast, good enough that I could catch up on TV shows which I could not make time for at home. Now, after a factory reset and Froyo, the sites which I used to stream these shows from no longer work properly on my Incredible. I actually tried several of them, including zshare, novamov, smotri, wisevid, divxden - most of these worked good enough prior to Froyo, now they all act strangely, just enough to waste my time, and then crash.

I almost thought I was ready to stop burning time making Incredible and Android work for me, and start making it work in my life. A deciding factor which sold me on this phone was the streaming video capability which others lacked at the time - and why should any smart phones not have this capability, which has been available on PCs for 10 years, in a time when smart phones can download web pages nearly as fast as Road Runner service actually does? Now that Verizon and HTC have my money, they start restricting what I can do with it, just like everybody else. Screw you, Android, HTC, Verizon, and every fanboy who defends the trojan horse they call Froyo! You fanboys, especially, who enable these frauds with your relativistic arguments. Yes, I probably am using Android and not an Apple phone because I like bluetooth, wi-fi, and my own choice of battery power, but none of that excuses the promise of features which don't actually perform - this is what the unbrainwashed would call fraud!

Pre-Froyo streaming video used to be pretty good, enough that I could catch up on TV shows which I could not make time for at home. Now, after a factory reset and Froyo, the sites which I used to stream these shows from no longer work properly on my Incredible. I actually tried several of them, including zshare, novamov, smotri, wisevid, divxden - most of these worked good enough prior to Froyo, now they all act strangely, just enough to waste my time, and then crash.

I almost thought I was ready to stop worrying about making Incredible and Android work for me, and start making it work in my life. A deciding factor which sold me on this phone was the streaming video capability which others lacked at the time - and why should any smart phones not have this capability, which has been available on PCs for 10 years, in a time when smart phones can download web pages nearly as fast as Road Runner service actually does? Now that Verizon and HTC have my money, they start restricting what I can do with it, just like everybody else. Screw you, Android, HTC, Verizon, and every fanboy who defends the trojan horse they call Froyo!

Upvote 0
Go to the market and download the latest Adobe Flash Player version.You will have to manually do a search for it. That should help.

I believe I tried that while I was testing AT&T's Galaxy 5 (which failed mostly because of AT&T service), and didn't find Adobe on the Market - unlike the way it works with my PCs, it apparently had to be left to ATT/Samsung, Verizon/HTC developers, etc. prior to Android 2.2. I see it available there now, surprise! I'll be surprised and amazed if it works as good or better than before Froyo, but thanks for pointing the way to the unexpected!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones