• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Streaming World Cup

jradicle11

That Guy
Feb 6, 2010
Illinois
I would be ECSTATIC if an app that could stream the World Cup existed. Anyone know if one exists or is in the process of being created?

I, for one, would definitely be willing to pay for it.

I know ESPN is broadcasting the World Cup and I have access to ESPN360. Anything I can do with that to stream it?

Reactions: carlton
I was just able to log into the espn3.go website on my DI, but all I get when I start a stream is an "exclamation sign" in the video window. I'm assuming that it's a flash issue and not supported with 2.1...maybe...don't really know for sure. I'm considering buying a sling box...not for the world cup...but for college football.

Upvote 0
The BBC stream live games. UK users might be able to use, beebplayer.

iPlayer for the Android. (Only works in UK. Checks your IP)

BeebPlayer

Looks like this has been pulled. Hopefully BBC will have an offical Android app soon, though I thought with the big announcement of Iplayer going social yesterday there might have been some kind of announcement then.

Hoping TVCatchup is available in time for the World Cup too.

Upvote 0
Live TV no longer works in Beeb Player unfortunately so that's not an option for live games. Still works for catchup stuff though. There's no point in beeb player anymore as android 2.2 will be able to use the main iplayer site, unfortunately unless you're on a nexus one you won't have android 2.2 in time for the world cup.

Apparently the android and iphone bbc sport apps will be streaming the bbc games, I have heard that fotmob world cup edition will be streaming the games too but niether app actually looks like it has a section for streaming in it so not sure how true either of those are. The ********* at itv seem to think the only smartphone on the planet is an iphone so no android, blackberry, windows mobile or palm apps from them.

Yamgo looks like the best bet at the moment but that quality is awful and the sound is out of sync.

Upvote 0
Have a look here GPRS Connectivity - Information and UK Settings I'm with O2 and changing the APN from the wap one to mobile.o2.co.uk meant that I could then access tv catchup over 3G. Try the other Orange one to the one you have and then try using Tv catchup.

You may want to just try streaming for about 10 seconds if it works and then check your account online to see if you've been charged for using a different APN, it may not be included in your data tariff.

This worked for me on O2 anyway.

Upvote 0
Download the Skyfire browser for you Android and browse to... http://futbol.univision.com/fifacopamundial/partidos-en-vivo/ or scan this QR Code
img.php

There will be a video box that opens. Touch there and it will play the live stream. The link is also good for watching on PC. It's in spanish tho. Luckily you don't have to understand the announcers to watch the game!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones