1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Streaming World Cup

Last Updated:

1. jradicle11

jradicle11 That Guy VIP Member This Topic's Starter

I would be ECSTATIC if an app that could stream the World Cup existed. Anyone know if one exists or is in the process of being created?

I, for one, would definitely be willing to pay for it.

I know ESPN is broadcasting the World Cup and I have access to ESPN360. Anything I can do with that to stream it?

Advertisement
    carlton likes this.
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

I'm sure we will know more once the world cup gets closer. but like you said, you should be able to watch on espn360.

3. jradicle11

jradicle11 That Guy VIP Member This Topic's Starter

How would I go about streaming ESPN360 on my Devour though.

4. jikhead

jikhead Well-Known Member

I was just able to log into the espn3.go website on my DI, but all I get when I start a stream is an "exclamation sign" in the video window. I'm assuming that it's a flash issue and not supported with 2.1...maybe...don't really know for sure. I'm considering buying a sling box...not for the world cup...but for college football.

5. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

You should...Slingbox is fantastic and the app for Android is due this summer...

6. Beerkan

Beerkan Well-Known Member

The BBC stream live games. UK users might be able to use, beebplayer.

iPlayer for the Android. (Only works in UK. Checks your IP)

BeebPlayer

7. mcmi

mcmi New Member

Looks like this has been pulled. Hopefully BBC will have an offical Android app soon, though I thought with the big announcement of Iplayer going social yesterday there might have been some kind of announcement then.

Hoping TVCatchup is available in time for the World Cup too.

8. Beerkan

Beerkan Well-Known Member

9. Wu Ming

Wu Ming Member

You can stream UK TV via: Watch live mobile TV channels

Picture starts to lag behind sound pretty quickly but you can refresh and it reloads. Not an ideal solution but the best available until tvcatchup or BBC themselves pull their finger out.

10. carbonara

carbonara Well-Known Member

Live TV no longer works in Beeb Player unfortunately so that's not an option for live games. Still works for catchup stuff though. There's no point in beeb player anymore as android 2.2 will be able to use the main iplayer site, unfortunately unless you're on a nexus one you won't have android 2.2 in time for the world cup.

Apparently the android and iphone bbc sport apps will be streaming the bbc games, I have heard that fotmob world cup edition will be streaming the games too but niether app actually looks like it has a section for streaming in it so not sure how true either of those are. The ********* at itv seem to think the only smartphone on the planet is an iphone so no android, blackberry, windows mobile or palm apps from them.

Yamgo looks like the best bet at the moment but that quality is awful and the sound is out of sync.

11. lewoody

lewoody Member

Afternnon guys.

Did anyone manage to find an app that will stream the live footy.
    I have tried TVcatchup and Yamgo and both say loading for a few minutes then server cannot be found.

Any recommendations?

Woody

HTC Hero on UK Orange v1.5

12. carbonara

carbonara Well-Known Member

Have a look here GPRS Connectivity - Information and UK Settings I'm with O2 and changing the APN from the wap one to mobile.o2.co.uk meant that I could then access tv catchup over 3G. Try the other Orange one to the one you have and then try using Tv catchup.

You may want to just try streaming for about 10 seconds if it works and then check your account online to see if you've been charged for using a different APN, it may not be included in your data tariff.

This worked for me on O2 anyway.

13. chuck.who.dey

chuck.who.dey Member

Download the Skyfire browser for you Android and browse to... http://futbol.univision.com/fifacopamundial/partidos-en-vivo/ or scan this QR Code
    [​IMG] .

There will be a video box that opens. Touch there and it will play the live stream. The link is also good for watching on PC. It's in spanish tho. Luckily you don't have to understand the announcers to watch the game!!

14. Robfactory

Robfactory Well-Known Member

Sprint is showing the games for Free.
    Go to Sprint TV and click on ESPN. you should be able to stream.

15. Durf

Durf Well-Known Member

Someone also told me ustream is streaming live games but I don't have a decent signal at work in my cube to check it out so untested.

16. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

At work I simply go to atdhe.net and watch on one of my work monitors ;)