Street view slow renderingGeneral

1. Plasterjfe

Plasterjfe Member

Anyone else have a very unresponsive street view on the N5 ?

When I check out maps and then go into street view when I find a road I want to look at houses on for instance it seems to take an age to render the clear image of the street.

I am having to stare at the fuzzy image for over half a minute while piece by piece each little section clears up.

So annoying it even does it on WiFi connection

Advertisement
  2. vandyman

vandyman Well-Known Member

No problems here with wifi or Lte.
    Rendering for me is less than 5 seconds.
  3. zipred

zipred Well-Known Member

Wow... and I thought mine was fast at 6 seconds, but I guess not... :D
  4. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

5-6 Seconds!!?

Mine does it in around 2.
  5. Plasterjfe

Plasterjfe Member

Well there has to be something wrong with the phone because on WiFi and Vodafone H+ its dreadfully slow and if you move up the street a tad then you have to wait all over again aaarrrgggg.

Also the little man marker you could slide up the street into the place you want to go that was dropped in favour of an arrow was a bad decision I think.

The latest version with the arrows for navigation are very unresponsive compared with that little yellow dude.
  6. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

That's Vodafone for you. Work S3 Internet is appallingly slow compared to EE. Even worse than O2!
  7. Omar Days

Omar Days Well-Known Member

i hate vodafone mobile data. Unless it's H, or H+, nothing works. Can forget about anything loading with G.
  8. Plasterjfe

Plasterjfe Member

Its actually slower at rendering street view than my old Samsung s2 on my home WiFi.
  9. Skyroket

Skyroket Well-Known Member

I've noticed that too. Sometimes it lags sometimes not..
  10. Plasterjfe

Plasterjfe Member

My old S2 is instant street view loads and it's clear right away same on my mates s4.
    I can't see how a Google phone with such a mighty processor could be slower with Google software.

It makes street view non use able really. Pfff.