Streming Website STOPS when Screen Locks

Last Updated:

1. HeyEng

HeyEng Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I have a rooted EVO that I listen to streaming music through the stock browser. If I leave the browser (home screen or another app) or I lock the screen, then the stream stops. As soon as I unlock the screen or switch back to the browser, it resumes immediately. Has anyone figured out how to circumvent this feature? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. t0ast3d

t0ast3d Well-Known Member

When you press the power button, it puts the phone to sleep which suspends the running apps, I don't believe there's anything you can do.

3. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

have you tried streaming via an app like last.fm? that is one of many out there

other than that you would have to leave your device set to no screen timeout and turn the brightness down all the way ...basically leave it on

4. HeyEng

HeyEng Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have not. I used to use aonline, but the primart station I use doesn't have it in the database, so I have resorted to the station webpage. They have a link to mp3 stream so perhaps I will give a try with last.fm

Thanks...

OK...nevermind. Didn't work. I am trying to stream Atlanta's WSB radio...any suggestions?

5. THEFORCE

THEFORCE Well-Known Member

Do you have juice defender installed?