• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Strength oh hotspot antenna

Does any one know how good the antenna for the hotspot feature is in the S4?
I know that the quality of a hotspot connection is largely dependent on the quality of the internal antenna in the phone.
I don't have any way of measuring it but it works well at the relatively short range I have used it.

Within about 5m I get a very strong signal. If you want to act as an unofficial ISP to your entire neighbourhood, you are probably out of luck. If you want to use it for what it is intended for, it works very well.

Reactions: KDO
Upvote 0
Thanks. I am aware of this. I am only needing it for close use, 3-4 '. My current phones antenna is lousy and rarely can I get a good connection, and if I do, it only lasts 10-15 minutes before it shuts down and I have to reboot the phone to get it to reconnect. Needless to say it is frustrating.

It is time for an upgrade and I want to try and make sure I get a phone that will do a decent job at being a hot spot for using an iPad or laptop where I can't get wi-fi.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones