Stripping A2SD from a rom

Last Updated:

1. GrenW

GrenW Well-Known Member

I'm looking at upgrading my Desire now that I'm in the 90 day window of the 2 years. Nexus is looking like the most likely.

I'm going to keep the Desire and use it for gps duties (and hopefully never used emergency calls) for my mountain bike. I'll therefore be uninstalling most of the apps and so don't need A2SD but would like to keep the Redux 2 rom that I'm using.

I know I can just reflash the rom to move the Dalvik cache back to the phone but is there a script I can remove from the rom to stop any SD card usage altogether. Also, can I just delete the script as long as I don't unzip - just like any apk.

It's not the end of the world if I can't I just wanted to keep things simple and speedy.

2. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

The script is called 10apps2sd, in /system/etc/init.d

But don't just try removing it and rebooting if your apks are on sd-ext, since it won't find the apks any more. I'd guess that wiping and then restoring apps from Titanium should do it.
    GrenW likes this.
  3. GrenW

GrenW Well-Known Member

Thanks - so factory reset, delete the scripts (no need for reflash as I s-offed) and then just restore/reinstall the apps I want?
  4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

GrenW likes this.