• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Strobe lighting freezes up DInc camera

linesablur

Apr 29, 2010
So...I noticed that a tiny spider on the wall next to my desk liked to chase a laser pointer...I also noticed that the strobe mode of my flashlight caused the spider to become disoriented and not chase the laser pointer.

Anyway:D...I decided to make a video of this on my Incredible. I recorded spider+laser and then added the strobe for a total video of about a minute..everything seemed to go well for the recording. When I played it back though, after the strobe started, the strobe frequency started to slow down and then the image froze while the time counter kept going. This is a pretty fast strobe of at least 10 Hz (just a guess on my part).

I panicked a little thinking I fried a sensor somewhere, but I recorded another video that worked fine. Remember this wasn't a direct hit of the strobe, but bouncing off a nearby white wall WITH all room lights on.

So FYI...you can overload these cameras with strobe lights, not that many of you will run into this problem:).

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones