• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stronger Signal after Update?

aerajan

Nov 3, 2009
PA
I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the update but I've just noticed that my signal strength is a whole lot better at my house. I've usually only had 1-2 bars at my house and in rare cases 3. Now I'm noticing signal strength upwards of 3 and even 4-5. Has anyone else noticed this?

I certainly don't get any stronger service at my house, at least not that I notice. I don't get more than a bar anywhere in my house anyway, but it hasn't been roaming at home lately either. I was on alltel with a Razr before, and we could just get enough service to make a call, if we stood in the right place. With Sprint and the Hero, I can get enough service to send and receive texts in just about every area of the house, but there's no way I can make a phone call. I can receive phone calls, but I can't hear the people on the other end.

Upvote 0
I'm showing more bars, but the signal strength (Settings > About phone > Status > Signal strength) is about the same as it always has here at my desk at home. That leads me to believe that they may have simply recalibrated the bars display.

And that actually makes some sense to me. According to the bars, I have crummy to no signal strength at work however my phone seems to work just fine anyway. I haven't looked at my bars at work since the update, but I'll try to remember to tomorrow.

Pete

Upvote 0
I'm showing more bars, but the signal strength (Settings > About phone > Status > Signal strength) is about the same as it always has here at my desk at home. That leads me to believe that they may have simply recalibrated the bars display.

Same here. I was all excited when I saw a large improvement in bars, then checked status - About the same:(

Upvote 0
Well... the wireless spectrum of mobile phones "IS" affected by obstacles or line of sight. Depending on your location the falling if leaves on the trees may very well be reasonable for this too. That said... I noticed the same thing after the update but didn't want to attribute it to that. I had decent signal before but full bars now.

Go figure?!?!?

Regards

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones