struggling with "people" contact managerSupport

Last Updated:

1. miles_archer

miles_archer Member This Topic's Starter

Hi--

How are people using the contacts manager in EVO? It seems impossible to organize things logically. I can't delete the default groups ("vip", seriously?), which just clutters things up. I can't figure out how to make a folder on a home page from one of my groups. When I sync my contacts into windows, the group assignments gets lost, and I have to sync EVERYTHING, meaning my poker buddies and some chick I saw a movie with once end up on my work computer...

I feel like I'm swimming upstream here. Am I going at this all wrong?

Advertisement
  2. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

I dealt with it by making multiple folders for calls (folders= friends, family, businesses, work etc.) and folders for direct texting. So if I'm looking to call for a specific person to call, I just open the folder and hit the direct dial icon, and it calls him immediately. :) Same thing with the texts, hit the direct text icon for the person and brings me to the text message with him on the "TO:" field. :)

It's a very nice convenience for me, but too inconvenient to make as it does take time to organize them and create a direct dial or direct text for each person.

3. miles_archer

Thanks, that's an interesting idea, and basically does the job. Super tedious in practice though. I hate doing repetitive tasks on a computer. That's what they're supposed to do for us!

When making a shortcut to put into a folder, the contacts aren't organized by group, just one long list, and if there's no phone number, they don't show at all in the shortcut dialog. :sigh:

4. miles_archer

why was this moved to troubleshooting? I had assumed it was working exactly as htc had designed it, and was looking for advice from other users on how to use it more effectively. Is something broken or set wrong?

5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

you are having trouble....this is where you will receive the most help.

similar to what Caloy has done...

I use folder organizer lite to create groups etc...and even assign them a customized icon.

tedious to set up yes...but gets the job done the way I want