Stuck at android screen. Help?

Last Updated:

1. skater95

skater95 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was flashing back to stock rom and I followed deaths steps for it, and for about the past hour or so its been stuck, once like every 20 minutes the screen will flash and go back to android. Did I brick it or what?

Advertisement
  2. GRZLA

GRZLA Well-Known Member

You aren't bricked.

3. skater95

Ok, good. So do I just wait?

also sorry for sounded like a completely idiot, but how do I know if I brick my phone? I don't really know all this stuff, I just kinda assume the worse, cause I always end up messing something up

4. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member

try resetting back to factory with vol down+send+end or vol down+send+home+end

5. skater95

All its doing is freezes til I let go, then blinks, then goes back to android..

6. SuperMerg

SuperMerg Active Member

I think you have to do a bettery pull first, THEN:

7. death2all110

yeah i thought that was kinda understood sorry...ha ha. but do a battery pull, put battery in then hold the keys down and keep holding until the stock recovery screen comes on then turns off and it resets

that happens because if you are coming from a custom rom, you probably didnt clear the caches and data. so reboot into recovery if above doesnt work and clear caches and data. reboot phone then reflash the stock rom. since you get past the LG Boot screen your computer should see your phone.

8. darkxsun

darkxsun Well-Known Member

I've heard "bricking" mostly as the term for making your phone a "brick" -- breaking it so it no longer works (and often can't be brought back). It's extremely unlikely to happen.

Some people refer to it as "bricking" when the phone won't boot but can simply be re-flashed... but I don't think that's strictly correct.

9. SuperMerg

SuperMerg Active Member

More specifically for the LG Ally: a true "Brick" (impossible to fix and usable only as... a brick ;)), is simply diagnosed.

If your phone doesn't get past the LG logo when booting... you're bricked. :(

As long as you pass the LG logo, the phone can be saved. Apparently (hearsay, not my own experience) it is very difficult to "brick" the LG Ally. :D

10. death2all110

I also concur with SuperMerg and DarkxSun. It is difficult to brick this phone. Impossible, no. Difficult, yes.

11. Bence

Bence New Member

Ok so I have the same issue, but I'm unable to reboot into safe mode with home power and volume. Each time I do, I get the LG, the android out of the box for a brief moment, then the Verizon Wireless logo with music and finally the android screen that blinks every 5-10 seconds or so. What should I do now?

12. death2all110

13. Bence

Bence New Member

Thank you very much. Worked like a charm.

14. kurtz1em

kurtz1em New Member

i think i have the same problem my ally phone redoots to the android screen but then it freezes and the after 1o second it blinks back to the android sign. oit has been doing this all night.

15. db2u

db2u Well-Known Member

More info needed. Are you stock or custom ROM? Rooted or no? Did it just start doing this randomly or did you do something to the phone that caused it to start doing this?

16. XS2012

XS2012 New Member

are you still helping out on LG Ally phones? I have Team Viever and adb installed...

I cant get the phone to get past Android screen
    I was trying to fix my sdcard issue, got the phone to finally recognize the card, passed out, woke up to "Shutting Down", and now im stuck... when I tried to flash_image it said permission denied even with su priv...please help

17. moriarty7

moriarty7 New Member

Does anyone have links to ODIN files for the LG Ally? My daughter's phone has the same issue as above. It's stuck at the "Verizon" logo during boot. I CAN get to recovery, but a system restore has done nothing and does not recover the phone. This happened a few weeks after rooting the phone and I'm lost. All of the ROM's and images I see are not for Odin. The link above has been removed too.

Thanks!

Moriarty7

18. Septfox

Septfox Member

If you can get to recovery, why not just use it to wipe all data and flash stock 2.2 or Velocity?

Plug your Ally into a computer, bring up recovery, turn on USB-MS, drop the ROM onto your SD card, flash it.

This is assuming you have a proper (clockwork/amonra) recovery, of course...I can't remember what features stock recovery has, but I'd imagine it lacks the USB-MS toggle among other useful things.

19. benwalburn

benwalburn Well-Known Member

People are still here? Excellent! Can anyone mirror Velocity or StormDroid?

20. jaison80

jaison80 Well-Known Member