• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stuck at Boot Screen

chrisjm00

Feb 9, 2010
Baltimore, MD
So I was using Tranquility 3.0, and decided I was going to try out Fission. I did a Nandroid backup, and proceeded to wipe data/cache and install the ROM. However, I forgot to mount system, and now when it boots up, all it shows me is the Tranquility (not sure why) boot screen. So now i'm looking into RSDlite, however, I can't seem to get the program to detect my phone while it's plugged in. I don't want to leave it trying to detech my phone for too long because I don't remember exactly how much battery life I have left, and don't want the phone to die. So basically my question is this. What .sbf file should I use to keep my phone from softbricking worse than it is, and am I missing something as to why my phone isn't being detected in RSD?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones