• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stuck at bootloader

I went to flash the new TaintedTenzo rom today and when I installed it from zip it tried to load it but got stuck at the blue eye and just keeps going through the bootloader. I do not know what to do and need HELP!

Try wiping, re-installing and then starting it with the SD card removed; see if that makes any difference. Make sure to only flash when the battery is well charged, and keep your eyes on the phone during the installation looking for any error messages on screen - they start with an "(E)"

If that doesn't work, then power the phone off (remove battery if necessary).

- charge the phone completely
- boot into recovery (Vol-Up+End, or Vol-Down+End(HBOOT), navigate to RECOVERY)
- restore a Nandroid backup to prove to yourself the phone is fine**
- download the ROM again, and once it is on the SD card, verify the .zip file integrity (use the "jar verify" method) with the AFV (Android File Verifier) app
- reboot to recovery
- perform a "wipe data/factory reset" in Amon_RA
- re-install the ROM and reboot

If none of this works, please be sure to mention some specifics about your phone's prior state before the trouble began - that will help people out who try to help you so that they don't need to guess about everything. Things like:

- What bootloader version is on your phone?
- Is your SD card partitioned?
- What custom recovery do you have installed?
- Do you make backups with Amon_RA, or Rom Manager?
- What was the working ROM on the phone immediately prior to the trouble? Were you using non-standard features such as apps2sd or cache2cache?
- Did you wipe before the flash, or did you overflash something else?

** you do have Nandroid backups, right?

Upvote 0
lol, question asked and answered... :)

A vague answer for a vague question - quid pro quo. :D

Donald -

I actually have several ideas, but I would find it tiresome to write a novel detailing every scenario and explain the underlying causes... when that could be avoided by you providing a little additional detail about your phone.

Note in particular the questions above about "what prior ROM were you using?" and "is your SD card partitioned?"

You might also want to say whether you had ever moved any apps to your SD card.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones