• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stuck at Downloading! Help me!!

Are you having the "Stuck at downloading" problem too?

• Total voters

Ysabelle

May 21, 2015
I'm having a problem from Google Play Store for almost a week and this NEVER happened to me before

And I've tried THESE Solutions but to no avail:

-Force Stopped Google Play Store, Google Play Services, Google Play Framework, Downloads, Download Manager, Google Account Manager, and cleared their cache and their data

-Disabled and Enabled the apps above (I checked if they 're disabled but they're enabled)

-Uninstalled and Updated Google Play Store to the latest version via apk , I did this to Google Play Services via apk too (Can't update these apps from Google Play Store itself)

-Removed and added my Gmail account like 5x and even used my sister's account but it's just the same

-Tried to Sync again, removed the ticks from checkboxes and ticked the checkboxes 2x

-Checked the Router's settings (I'm the only one having this freakin issue in the house!)

-Tried to connect to other Wifis

-Checked The proxy (no proxy)

-Wiped Dalvik-cache and cache partition from CWM recovery

-Deleted .android_secure folder from Root Explorer app

-Tried to DOWNLOAD the app/s like 10x and waited... still nothing

-Automatically and manually updated date and time

-Deleted com.application-address folder from Root Explorer app

-Cleared and modified hosts file from Root explorer app

-Rebooted after trying above solutions individually not combined...

-Factory Reset my device thrice! including pics and songs...

So thats just about it...

My Device's Info:

Cherry Mobile Flare 4.0.4 ICS (Old is Gold), Rooted by Framaroot 1.9.3 app, Didn't flash any ROMs (afraid of my device getting bricked), Installed CWM 5.0.2.8 via Computer, Device have no installed SD Card

The only error I got from Google Play Store is "Error Retrieving Information From Server: RPC S-7 and so on" thrice after the "Stuck at Downloading" problem began ( I don't know why). Good thing is I didn't spent bucks to Google Play Store. Tried updating firmware (zip) in CWM Recovery but Status 7 Appeared. After trying "fixing " this via Youtube, Status 6 Appeared. Google apps like YouTube and Gmail works fine except for Googe Play store.

Oh, I almost forgot, please give me google live chat support to fix this problem.. and I think this is the final "solution" (I hope Google don't ignore me..)

This is the first and longest question I've ever made and probably you ever know... LOL

Dirty flash? Is it safe??
Always make a nandroid backup before tinkering but otherwise, sure, it's safe.

You had everything working and there's nothing else going on indicating that you have to start from scratch.

If a bit or two has gone soft or screwy somewhere in the system, then all a dirty flash is going to do is re-write the original rom bits for the boot image (your kernel) and the /system partition by installing the rom without wiping anything - and fixing any screwy bits.

If you haven't been tinkering with those by hand, nothing else on the phone will notice that you refreshed those bits.

Use the exact same rom install file that you're running now.

It's a pretty common trick. :)

Upvote 0
Is it like manually flashing an OTA update to my phone?

I'm just a noob at this kind of stuff
Wait wait wait - my bad!

By the end of the first post, I started skimming (it was late at night) and mistook CWM for CM (a popular rom) - and yet you clearly said that you haven't installed a custom rom.

So it's official, I'm an idiot - I apologize for the confusion.

You do seem very proficient with your phone and CWM, so if you want to try a nandroid backup of what you have and try a separate, custom rom specific to your exact phone model, then I expect your risk to be minimal.

However - as you're not on a custom rom, this problem is not associated with a rom installation so I wouldn't expect it to fix the issue.

Let's stick with conventional problem solving.

Tell me more about the current condition of your hosts file.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
The hosts file still didn't change after modifying it to "127.0.0.1 localhost"

To give you clues, after tapping install in google play, the problem still continues but after searching the web for a little while (like 30 min or so), a notification pops up, it says the app is downloading (the notification that will pop up after tapping install in google play). It's not very suprising because it happens all the time but still nothing happens, it's just stuck in downloading like forever! After that scene, I continued what I'm doing but after 5-10 min later, a caution sign popped up in my notification bar, it says "Error 905 and so on". I searched for the solution of this error and the forum says "Uninstall the updates of google play", but I tried this many times but this is "Error 905" not "Error retrieving information from server" (this is the only error I got before "Error 905"), so gotta do it again. After uninstalling updates, I tried to DOWNLOAD another app (Flynx), nothing happened, it's just the same... (crying)

Upvote 0
The hosts file still didn't change after modifying it to "127.0.0.1 localhost"
Stop here.

If your hosts file contains other and you've tried to change it, that's a problem.

You need to mount /system as read-write before editing hosts, reboot after editing and check hosts after the reboot.

Do you need help with setting /system to read-write?

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
OK :) I'm using Root Explorer app
See at the top, under Root - mine is showing r/o (read-only) and the button next to it is to change to read-write.

1432253051691.jpg

Upvote 0
Hi again!

Changing the dns didn't change anything.. and I found out the real culprit is.. the phone!! (tried my email to someone's phone and BOOM! :D it works :eek: )

And here are some screenshots that may help you!

Attachments

• 1432608809351.jpg
    1432608809351.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 288
  • 1432608826133.jpg
    1432608826133.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones