• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root stuck at email login after failed patterns

wabbitro

Lurker
Jan 29, 2010
So I was playing around with my phone today, just trying to create a cool symmetrical pattern on my droid. Mind you this was just on the screen where after about 5 tries it locks you out for 30secs. So i keep playing around with it and than the email and password screen shows up, saying i have to log in. Alrite sure, so I just put in my credentials and it fails.

Things I have tried:
1. @gmail.com, @googleemail.com
2. password null
3. case sensitive
4. playing around with people calling me and emergency dialer, etc.
5. changed password
6. battery pulls

I have basically tried everythign there is except a hard reset which im trying to avoid.

I am currently trying to do this through the adb shell, however failing miserably. I have a rooted 2.1 droid. I am a little bit familiar with the adb prompt (im sure I have it installed correctly and etc)

I'm following this guide

Android: Too Many Pattern Attempts. Phone is locked.

basically I dont understand what he means by

./adb shell

When am I supposed to enter this in the command prompt? I think I am doing it correctly since I'm putting it as where Id normally just type adb shell and itd work correctly. But ./adb shell doesnt work. It says "." is not
a command or somesort.

Please help, I really do not want to do a hard reset.

Probably just typing it wrong. Missing a space or something. You have to be exact.

Not having a backup on you sd card is not good. You should always keep a backup as a safety net. Check and see if you have a back up and then you won't lose anything like you would with a hard reset.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. Maybe someone will come along who knows more about the cmd stuff. You should list which Rom you use as it is helpful to those trying to assist you. All phone info is usually needed.

Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones