• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stuck at G900VVRU1BOC4

SungWoo

Lurker
Oct 27, 2015
I just bought an S5 via Glyde -- it works great, except I got another one for my wife and realized that I'm not on the latest firmware. Mine's G900VVRU1BOC4. Hers is G900VVRU2BOG5. One immediate difference I see between hers and mine is that when my phone charges all the way, I get a notification that I cannot dismiss. Hers, it just chimes and tells you and then goes away. I know 5.1 is on its way, but I'd like to update my phone to her version. Except when I try via System updates, I get that it's up to date.

Why is this happening? I'm on Tracfone, but that can't be the reason why I can't upgrade, right?

I just bought an S5 via Glyde -- it works great, except I got another one for my wife and realized that I'm not on the latest firmware. Mine's G900VVRU1BOC4. Hers is G900VVRU2BOG5. One immediate difference I see between hers and mine is that when my phone charges all the way, I get a notification that I cannot dismiss. Hers, it just chimes and tells you and then goes away. I know 5.1 is on its way, but I'd like to update my phone to her version. Except when I try via System updates, I get that it's up to date.

Why is this happening? I'm on Tracfone, but that can't be the reason why I can't upgrade, right?

Hello and welcome to Android Forums SungWoo :)

The firmware for the Verizon model, G900V, is not released by Samsung but instead, by Verizon. Therefore you need to be registered on and using the Verizon network to be updated. See #1.6 of 41 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

You can update manually by downloading the Verizon OG5 firmware and flashing it to your phone by carefully following the instructions and video in #1.11 of the aforementioned guide.

Here is the firmware download...

Model SM-G900V
Model name GALAXY S5
Country USA (Verizon)
Version Android 5.0
Changelist 4782027
Build date Fri, 31 Jul 2015 02:40:54 +0000
Product code VZW
PDA G900VVRU2BOG5
CSC G900VVZW2BOG5

See, also, this post... http://androidforums.com/threads/ve...tkat-dummies-guide.902737/page-3#post-7027968

Upvote 0
Ironass is correct, the upgrades are issued by the original ISP or carrier the phone was made for.

But, you can do it manually as he says.
I too, am on Verizon and the previous "inability to stop the charge is done" issue was one that I got around with MacroDroid.
I simply shut off all System noises while the phone is charging. That macro is still in effect, my family does not like hearing the little ding dong that it makes when it is at 96% telling you that it is "almost full".

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones