• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stuck at HBOOT After ROM Installation

420spawn

May 14, 2012
My HTC Wildfire S CDMA from MetroPCS running Android 2.3.4 is stuck booting into FASTBOOT, I can fully access HBOOT also, I basically tried to install an AOKP JellyBean ROM, designed specifically for this version of the device, and it failed. Horribly. I think I either found a version of the ROM meant for a different version of a MetroPCS Wildfire S, or my battery died in the middle of the installation, it was VERY low. I also had almost no system memory left (4.37MB). But, I factory reset the device before hand, cleared the Cache, and Dalvik Cache & Battery Stats. After the installation it booted to HBOOT, never booting up Android again :(. I tried several different ROM's to no prevail. I even tried the PG76DIAG.nbh file, no luck, I received a "Security Error". PLEASE help! I'm stuck with a recently purchased phone and a $50 service plan that's not being used. I know I messed up, I know I shouldn't have even messed with it :(. Just, PLEASE, PLEASE help me! I'm at loss, so frustrated. I need my phone for school (Which just started back up today) and for everything else from a flashlight to an actual phone (I know surprising right). Once again, PLEASE! I can't even afford the $25 dollars for a new phone, let alone the prepaid service card....

More Information:
ClockWorkRecovery 5.0.2.8
600MHz ARMv11
512MB RAM
120MB system Memory
HTC Sense 2.1
4GB SDHC Class 3 Card

Hello 420 spawn! I am going to move your thread into the all things root section that way other users will be able to better help you. It should bring more knowledge and answers to your question and help get you sorted out.

Also, as my personal recommendation is to use the ruu to restore to stock to at least confirm your device still works. You can find the ruu at AndroidRUU | The #1 source for Android RUU files

Upvote 0
simons is right, the factory updater should get you back on track if you aren't already. make sure not anything that is not built specifically for MarvelC(MetroPCS is also known as A150c), try this http://androidforums.com/wildfire-s...2-1-rooted-apps2sd-metropcs-only-marvelc.html.

on the chance that you flashed a gsm rom or possibly virgin mobile(also MarvelC) you may have borked you data service. You'll notice after running the RUU that you have no data connection, it's pretty obvious.

Check this out.
http://androidforums.com/wildfire-s...-metro-pcs-get-mobile-network-back-guide.html

and possibly this too, it's not for your phone but it'll give you the idea.
http://androidforums.com/huawei-m835/536866-fixing-apn-after-coming-back-different-rom.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones