Stuck at "HTC Incredible" Boot Screen

Last Updated:

1. asahi

asahi Active Member This Topic's Starter

Any assistance is appreciated.

I rooted a few days ago and did the forever S-off. I have ROM Manager loaded and was poking around in the system. I downloaded Skyraider and ROM Manager asked me to reboot. Not thinking it wouldn't let me know what it was doing when in recovery before doing something the rom had been applied. Now the Phone has for 40+ minutes been at the "HTC Incredible" boot screen.

I have read not to pull the battery but The power Button and Volume button do nothing so I could really use some suggestions. As a little more info I have not flashed the radio yet so it was a 1.x radio that a 2.2 rom was just seemingly applied to.

Bricked or recoverable? I have a Nandroid backup if someone can help me get back to that point...

Advertisement
  2. Therev29

Therev29 Well-Known Member

It's because you needed to flash the 2.x radio before loading skyraider. If your still on the white Htc boot screen, pull the battery, boot into recovery by power and vol button, restore your backup. Once your up and running flash a 2.x radio then try your rom again

3. asahi

Thank you. Good advice. I followed pulling the Battery and recovery worked. Will flash the radio later today.

Please note my circumstances before you pull your battery when an issues arises.

4. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

It's only when flashing radios you need to worry about bricking, but I have the same issue as you while loading many Roms. I have the new radio as well. Let us know if that works for you, or join me in the mystery of the failed load! You didn't notice by chance an error that said "failed writing boot" did ya?

5. asahi

I didn't notice the error but that doesn't mean I didn't miss it. I've been telling myself I was going to wait for the 2.2 official OTA make a backup and then mess with ROMs. I've gotten a little antsy since the late June/early august/aug 18th updates have all vaoprized. If I flash the radio and update roms I will check back...

6. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

I just tried to flash kingklicks kernel, no errors but stalled on that screen. Wish I knew what caused it, since I just flashed a hydra kernel last night after the Rom install. Maybe the hydras?