Stuck at M after replacing services.jar and framework-res

Last Updated:

1. androidb

androidb Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I tried to replace the status bar with the services.jar and framework-res.apk files. I have done this before, but now I'm stuck at the M logo just sitting there.

Is there commands to push those two stock files back to the phone? I booted into recovery mode but not sure if it is possible to transfer those two files over....if so I don't know how. Please help!

Advertisement
  2. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

if you can boot into clockworkmod recovery then you can fix it by restoring a backup or using adb push to push the correct files back. If you can only get into stock recovery then not much you can do there except wipe data and cache although I dont think that will help at all in this case. I think you are going to have to sbf if you can only get to stock recovery.

3. mazz0310

mazz0310 Well-Known Member

I've done that and I can usually get back to clockwork recovery. Then just use a update.zip for a theme or something.

4. androidb

Stupid me has never put the clockwork recovery on my phone, probably should. I ended up having to use the SBF file and re flash the phone. At least I was able to re root the phone quickly and restore all my apps and settings through Titanium backup.

Thanks guys.

5. mezdup

mezdup Well-Known Member

how does one set up this clockwork recovery business? i've themed my phone semi-heavily and have not done that yet.. bad i know, but where do i start?

do i just get the Droid X Bootstrap Recovery thing that koush made. run that, reboot into recovery, make a backup, reboot and im good?

6. mazz0310

mazz0310 Well-Known Member

Yeah all you need is bootstrap

7. cashX3r0

cashX3r0 Well-Known Member

how? with /data/.recovery_mode terminal file?

8. androidb

Now I'm thinking, if I was able to connect RSD Lite to my phone to flash the SBF file....would using the adb commands to push the stock services.jar and framework-res.apk back work?

Kinda after the fact now, but was wondering.

9. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

I just meant by pulling the battery and then powering up the phone does he get into clockwork. There isnt a way to boot into clockwork if it isnt happening automatically. At least not that I know of.

adb does not work with the bootloader. Only thing that does is RSD Lite or sbf_flash for linux users.

10. Mojorisen

Mojorisen Well-Known Member

If your phone could be seen/accessed via ADB, then yes. Very easy to test this...connect and issue an adb command. If it's there, then just push the files and reboot.