1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Stuck at the LG logo - NOT rooted phone - PLEASE HELP!!Support

1. Silverepiphany

Silverepiphany New Member

Hi guys! I have spent virtually all day surfing around trying to find how to fix my phone. It is an LG Optimus V (Virgin Mobile) and I have never rooted it.

If it is not plugged in nothing happens when you push the power button, however once you plug it in, either to the wall or by USB to the PC the LG logo comes up immediately without having to push any buttons and it stays there no matter what you push.

I have been unable to get it into emergency mode. Though if I follow the DV+BACK then plug in the USB I don't get LG logo I just get a black screen.

I have downloaded and installed ADB and Droid@Screen and the LG drivers and a ROM to flash too but can not go forward from here.

Please help!

Advertisement
    :
  2. badblue1

badblue1 * TRUCKS ARE BEAUTIFUL * VIP Member

Did you pull the battery and put it back to reboot the phone?
  3. Silverepiphany

Many times. :)
  4. Silverepiphany

I just tried Droid@Screen and ADB and was unable to get it to recognize the phone was even plugged into the USB.

Frustrated!
  5. hiwatt

hiwatt Well-Known Member

Did you try popping out the sd card while the power is off, reinserting and powering up?
  6. badblue1

badblue1 * TRUCKS ARE BEAUTIFUL * VIP Member

Did you try a hard reset?
    Turn off phone ,hold volume down +hold home button +hold power button all at the same time until your phone comes back on.

IF YOU DO THIS IT WILL WIPE PHONE CLEAN!!!
    If you have no backups!

NEVER FACTORY RESET A ROOTED PHONE!!!
    NEVER USE ROM MANAGER!!!

If you plan on rooting, please read the stickies at the top of the all things root subforum.
  7. spayced

spayced Active Member

Try calling virgin mobile tech support before you go down that path. If you are rooted they will simply say there is nothing they can do.

Sounds to me like you have a dead battery. I'm not sure buying a replacement battery would work, it could be the battery connectors. If you could find a friend with a V and try his battery that might tell you something.
  8. hiwatt

hiwatt Well-Known Member

The OP has stated the phone is not rooted.
  9. costarican

costarican Well-Known Member

Being stucked at the lg logo don't have nothing to do with the battery , like one of.the said do a factory reset ;) ive been there