• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stuck at trying to create GoldCard... (*&#$$#U

marco712

Feb 22, 2010
arrggghhhhh i keep getting this "cat is not recognized as an internal or external command" blah blah blah. Its driving me insane!!
Can someone give me any ideas of what is going wrong?

4. Get your GoldCard image!

The GoldCard bypasses some weird check on the phone and allows you to flash ROMs that are otherwise rejected, due to them being older versions, or some other reason that HTC decided it'd be so.

With the USB cable plugged in, open the notifications shade and tap HTC Sync. It doesn't matter if it can't sync, but what matters is you can enter the adb shell. If you don't know how, you haven't done step 0.

Now, go in adb shell and run this command:
Code:
cat /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc1/mmc1:*/cid
The output is your microSD card's serial number. Right click anywhere in the command prompt, and click on Mark. Then, select the serial number, and right click. The serial is now copied into the clipboard, so open up Notepad and paste it there.

Now, with that serial number written down, paste it into my lame GoldCard hex reverse. Please credit me if you use that page in your guide!

Next, do as my page says, grab the reversed serial number and get your GoldCard image with it.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones